Type d’évènement: Conférence, Formation juridique continue
- Reed Smith's San Francisco office, 101 Second Street, San Francisco CA
- Date/heure de début
- 27 April 2022, 4:30 PM PDT
- Date/heure de fin
- 27 April 2022, 6:30 PM PDT
- More Information:
- The European Unified Patent Court: What US businesses need to know
The new system will significantly change the existing European patent landscape, so patent owners need to get prepared now to get the most out of their European portfolio.
Given the subtleties of the UPC/UP rules, there is not one simple answer. Luckily, our European patents team are here to help you! We will be hosting a seminar, followed by a networking reception. Topics covered will include:
- Presentation of the UPC and the UP
- “Unitary Patent” or not? How to make a decision
- “Opting out” or not? How to make a decision
- New patent filing strategies in Europe
- Reviewing and adapting the agreements in place
- How and where to enforce a patent in Europe?
We hope you can join us. If you are not able to join us but would like to discuss how to use the upcoming system as a Plaintiff, how to optimize your filing costs and/or how to anticipate possible risks of preliminary injunctions, our speakers will be delighted to organize a seminar for you and your team.
PLEASE READ – Important CLE information:
This program is presumptively approved for 1.0 CLE credit in California, Connecticut, Illinois, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and West Virginia. Applications for CLE credit will be filed in Delaware, Florida, Ohio, and Virginia. Credit earned for this course may be limited by CLE rules governing on-demand format programs. Attendees who are licensed in other jurisdictions will receive a uniform certificate of attendance but Reed Smith only provides credit for the states listed. This program is presumptively approved for 1.0 New Jersey CPE credit. Please allow 4-6 weeks after the program to receive a certificate of attendance.