1. Update on Facebook fan pages – still legal risks despite joint controller agreement
2. Mistakes in privacy policies – can competitors request cease and desist?
3. Court of Appeals Frankfurt: Right to be forgotten does not generally prevail
4. Facebook Messenger is private communication and is not subject to the right to information legislation according to Sec. 14 German Telemedia Act
5. German Federal Supreme Court considers emails and customer satisfaction surveys
6. Court of Appeals Munich: Social networks are prohibited from deleting posts that are protected under the freedom of speech
7. ECJ: Re-posting of copyright-protected works
Save the Date: Join our Data Date breakfast seminar in our Munich office on November 22, 2018. Visit reedsmith.com to register.
Save the Date: Meet us at the IAPP 2018 Europe Conference in Brussels on November 28-29. Attend our session “Whatever Happened to Harmonization?” or contact us for a personal meeting.