Welcome to Reed Smith’s accountancy forum newsletter. This newsletter covers a range of issues affecting accounting firms, with a core focus on liability and regulatory risk. Please do get in touch with any questions. If there is a particular issue or case that you would like us to cover in an upcoming edition, we would love to hear from you.
In this issue...
- COVID challenges to FCA regulated firms and their auditors
- Next stop: the Supreme Court (Sports Direct v Financial Reporting Council)
- Privilege: High Court makes it clear that auditors must form a view
- Audit working papers, please? - No, not yet!
- Supreme Court – landmark judgment on the law of vicarious liability
- Opportunity knocks: proving loss of opportunity requires sufficient evidence
- Legal professional privilege: the High Court considers the fraud exception in Addlesee v. Dentons  EWHC 238 (Ch)