Gilberto focuses his practice on commercial and investment arbitration, international litigation and investment protection. He has acted in international arbitration disputes under the rules of ICC, ICSID, PCA, UNCITRAL, the ICSID Additional Facility, the Danish Institute of Arbitration, and the Center for Alternative Dispute Resolution of the Dominican Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Gilberto represents claimants in investment arbitration proceedings against European, Central and South American sovereign states, and before ICSID and the PCA in the mining, coffee, infrastructure, poultry, hospitality, real estate, telecommunications, technology, and pharmaceuticals industries.
- Stanford Law School, 2013, J.S.M., Dissertation (Honors)
- Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Madrid & Universidad Fco. de Vitoria, 2003, LL.M., Business Law
- Universidad Católica Andrés Bello, 2001, LL.M.
- Universidad Católica Andrés Bello, 1997, J.D., summa cum laude
- Florida International University College of Law, International Legal Program Manager, 2016-2019; Advisory Board Member, 2017-present