Nicolle is Co-Vice Chair of the Energy & Natural Resources Group. She counsels energy clients in various matters and focuses on litigation and regulatory issues regarding natural gas production from Shale formations in Appalachia. Nicolle represents natural gas companies in a variety of litigation including lease disputes, royalty class actions, condemnations, encroachments and contract issues, as well as counsels clients on permitting and permit disputes and performs due diligence and provides advice on Shale transactions. In addition, Nicolle counsels clients in a variety of environmental matters, such as due diligence for real estate transactions, representing clients on environmental claims in bankruptcy and advising clients on compliance with environmental regulations.
- Duke University School of Law, 2001, 法学博士, Named a Fellow of Environmental law for the Cummings Environmental Law Colloquium, 2000; Business & Executive Editor of the Duke Environmental Law and Policy Forum
- Duke University, 2001, 文学硕士, Environmental Science, Governing Board of the National Association of Environmental Law Societies
- Harvard University, 1998, A.B., Environmental Science and Public Policy, cum laude, Henry Rosovsky Scholar; Received a Commendation from the Governor of Florida for her research on beach erosion; Thesis was titled "Setting the Standards for Beach Erosion Control: Is Any Solution Acceptable?"
- All State and Federal Courts - Pennsylvania
- All State and Federal Courts - Ohio
- All State and Federal Courts - West Virginia
- Energy and Mineral Law Foundation’s Annual Institute – Oil and Gas Chair (2011)
- Recognized by the National Diversity Council - "2018 Most Powerful and Influential Women of Pennsylvania" (also a winner in 2011)
- Recognized as a BTI Client Service All-Star in 2016
- Selected by the Pittsburgh Business Times as a "2015 BusinessWomen First" Winner
- Selected by The Legal Intelligencer as a "2014 Lawyer on the Fast Track"
- Recognized by the Pittsburgh Business Times in its "Who's Who in Energy" list (2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017); also, named a “2013 Fast Tracker,” which honors leaders from Pittsburgh's business and nonprofit community who are under 40
- Included on Law360's 2010, 2011 and 2012 lists of energy attorneys under 40 to watch
- Selected by Super Lawyers as a "Pennsylvania Rising Star" (2005-2010 and 2013-2015)
In the News
- 18 November 2014 "Energy Spotlight: Nicolle Snyder Bagnell" Pittsburgh Tribune-Review's On the Grid