Evan is a New York-based partner in Reed Smith’s Regulatory & Investigations practice group. He primarily represents clients facing sensitive investigations and prosecutions by state and federal law enforcement and regulatory agencies. Over the last several years, Evan has represented clients in some of the most important white-collar criminal cases across the country. He is also a major thought-leader within this field, having written extensively on issues of interest to the white-collar bar and provided legal commentary for publications including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, the New York Law Journal, and Law360.
As a former federal prosecutor, Evan possesses a unique insight into government investigations, which benefits clients seeking his representation in defense against the Department of Justice, various U.S. attorneys’ offices, the SEC, the New York state attorney general’s office, FINRA, and the Manhattan district attorney’s office, among others.
- Harvard Law School, 1989, J.D.
- Harvard College, 1985, B.A., magna cum laude
- Washington, D.C.
- New York
- Member, Federal Bar Council
- Co-chair, Committee on White-Collar Criminal Litigation, New York State Bar Association
- Board member, New York Council of Defense Lawyers (2019-2020)
Awards & Recognition
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business praises Evan as an “extremely talented and capable white-collar lawyer” with a “flair for creative responses to difficult challenges” who “is renowned for inventive solutions.” He has also been recognized by Legal 500, Best Lawyers in America, and New York Super Lawyers
- Recipient of the Department of Justice’s John Marshall Award for Outstanding Legal Achievement in Asset Forfeiture and the Director’s Award for Superior Performance as an assistant U.S. attorney