David is the practice group leader of Reed Smith's Insurance Recovery Group, with more than 80 exclusively policyholder focused attorneys in offices throughout the United States, as well as around the world, including Europe and Singapore. He also represents clients in a variety of industries including manufacturing, oil and gas, financial services, real estate development, electronics, telecommunications, construction and others.
- George Washington University Law School, 1983, J.D.
- Binghamton University, State University of New York, 1980, B.A.
- District of Columbia
State Bar of California
American Bar Association, Litigation Section
Committee on Insurance Coverage, Former Co-Chair of Sub-Committee on Alternative Dispute Resolution
Former Member, Committee on Administration of Justice, appointed September 1992
- Listed, Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, named one of the "leading lawyers nationwide," and awarded Band 1 (highest) rating for insurance in each of its 2004 through 2008 guides, and Band 2 in the 2009 – 2011, 2013-2018
- Listed, Who’s Who Legal Insurance and Reinsurance 2009 and 2018
- Listed, The Best Lawyers in America in the practice area of Insurance Law in 2016 and 2018
- Listed, The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers in 2014
- Listed, The International Who's Who of Insurance & Reinsurance Lawyers in 2013-2015
- Listed, World's Leading Insurance & Reinsurance Lawyers of The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers in 2013
- Listed, Insurance and Reinsurance Expert Guide (10th edition)
- Listed, Corporate Counsel, Top Lawyers, Annual Guide to Insurance Law (August 2010)
- Listed, PLC Which Lawyer?, Leader, Insurance: policyholder-led practices (February 2010)
- Listed, Guide to the World's Leading Insurance & Reinsurance Lawyers, 8th Edition
- Listed, Madison's Who's Who Among Executives and Professionals (2006-2007)
- Recipient, California Lawyer of the Year (CLAY) in Litigation (2004)