Maria is an associate in the Munich Office of Reed Smith. As a member of the firm’s Global Commercial Disputes Group, she is an experienced commercial litigator representing her clients in disputes before state courts with a focus on disputes under contract and business law. Maria also advises on general commercial contract law issues, including in particular drafting and negotiating sales agency agreements, manufacture and supply agreements, distribution agreements, and various services agreements. Maria is ranked by The Best Lawyers™ in Germany in the category "Ones to Watch" for Litigation and Arbitration & Mediation.
As a member of the firm’s global Sanctions Group, Maria also regularly provides counsel on compliance-related matters, including Foreign Direct Investment Reviews, German and EU export controls as well as German and EU sanctions compliance. With her clients, Maria prepares industry specific compliance programs and develops licensing strategies for commercial transactions in sanctioned countries.
- University of Siegen, 2019, Ph.D.
- University of Munich, Germany, 2012, Second State Exam (Bar exam equivalent)
- University of Munich, Germany, 2010, First State Exam (J.D. equivalent)
- University of Munich, 2010, LL.B., Study of Law
- University of Madrid, LL.B., Study of Law
- University of Marburg, LL.B., Study of Law
- All German Higher Regional Courts
- All German Local and District Courts
- Munich Bar Association
Premios y reconocimientos
- Selected through peer review for inclusion in The Best Lawyers™ in Germany "Ones to Watch" list for Arbitration & Mediation and Litigation, 2022.