The Trump Administration’s Fall 2018 proposal to develop and test an International Pricing Index (IPI) model for the payment for drugs covered under Medicare Part B carries significant potential for disrupting the distribution and pricing for such products. Join Reed Smith attorneys and Mark Duggan, Professor of Economics at Stanford University, for a round table discussion providing an overview of the potential IPI model, industry stakeholder perceptions and insights on the implications of the IPI model for life sciences and health care industry participants.
Type d’évènement: Formation juridique continue, Webinar
- Date/heure de début
- 20 February 2019, 1:00 PM ET
- Date/heure de fin
- 20 February 2019, 2:00 PM ET
Our speakers will cover the following topics:
- Mandatory “white bagging” distribution network model: A game of musical chairs?
- Apples, oranges, and leverage: Can IPI model international reference pricing lower costs?
- Indirect effects on reimbursement for manufacturers, providers and payors outside the IPI model
- Compliance issues affecting product contracting and distributor-provider relationships
- The implications of potential distribution consolidation, bundling and tying, parallel trade lessons and other antitrust and competition matters