The conflict in Ukraine has affected few markets more dramatically and directly than the grains and edible oils markets.
International and domestic market participants with interests in the region face myriad commercial and legal challenges and uncertainties.
This paper comments on and seeks to summarise some of these challenges and to provide a framework for identifying and planning for them, including:
- Sanctions, tariffs and legal restrictions
- Other issues affecting the supply of agricultural commodities
- Issues affecting inventory and stocks
- Business and logistical infrastructure
- Business interruption and insurance
- International law and insurance treaty considerations
The legal and regulatory landscape continues to evolve as the crisis develops. References to the law are correct at the time of publication.
To view the full report, please download the PDF below.