Marjorie focuses on competition law in several sectors, including aviation, marine, insurance, construction, energy, life sciences and finance sectors. Marjorie has represented companies in a number of important investigations by the European Commission and the UK Competition Authorities. She also acts as legal adviser to several trade associations and has significant merger control experience including dealing with phase 2 clearances. Marjorie has experience of obtaining many individual exemptions from the European Commission pre 2004. This experience is invaluable to creating in accordance with Article 101 (3)-- self assessments which are not vulnerable to challenge for parties who set up non-full function joint ventures or loose cooperations. Marjorie's work also includes public interest tests, national security concerns and price control references, key legal themes that have characterised the competition landscape in recent years. She is one of the few lawyers with UK High Court, Court of Appeal and ECJ private actions competition law related experience, including running cases to successful judgements.
- University of Cambridge, LLB
- London School of Economics and Political Science, BSc, Faculty of Economics
- Angleterre et Pays de Galles
- Member, British Maritime Law Association European Group
- Selected through peer review for inclusion in The Best Lawyers™ in the United Kingdom for Shipping Law, 2009-2020
- Ranked in Chambers UK for London Competition Law, 2020