Jodi serves as global co-lead of Reed Smith's Financial Industry Group. She began her career in 2001 and has spent the last 20 years representing investment banks, specialty lenders, special strategy debt funds, real estate investors and participants in the secondary debt market. She is well-known in the industry for “closing the deal”, and has personally closed hundreds of billions of dollars’ worth of commercial mortgaged-backed securities (CMBS) and similar debt securities. Jodi has extensive and broad structured finance skills across a variety of underlying debt obligations.
- New York Law School, 2001, 法学博士, cum laude, Recipient of the Albert Kalter Award for Excellence in Tax
- University of Massachusetts, 1998, 学士
- Listed as Highly Regarded in IFLR1000 Global for U.S. Capital markets: Structured finance and securitisation, 2022
- Listed, Legal 500 (U.S.), Structured Finance, 2015
- Listed, Euromoney Legal Media Group, Rising Star, 2015
"Jodi and her Team at ReedSmith have provided us with sophisticated CMBS loan seller representation and advice on numerous transactions, with strong attention to detail ([prospectus] disclosure and rep exceptions), methodical process and timely delivery."
"A seasoned structured finance attorney, Jodi excels at understanding the business behind the legal work and achieves success through driving creative solutions to difficult legal and structural matters."
- 18 October 2020 "Pressure on New York City Commercial Real Estate Worries Investors" The Wall Street Journal
- 20 May 2019 "Rise in CMBS IO Loan Issuance Surpasses Pre-Recession Levels, Worrying Some in the Industry" National Real Estate Investor
- 25 April 2019 "CMBS Market Update" Rating Agency
- 24 April 2019 "CMBS Market Update" Commercial Property Executive
- 16 March 2018 "CRE bridge lending is white hot. What could possibly go wrong?" American Banker
- 25 October 2017 "Investors Maintain Healthy Appetite for B-piece CMBS" National Real Estate Investor