Oliver is the co-head of the firm's global Aviation and Aerospace group. His practice focuses on aviation, marine, commercial and product liability litigation. Oliver represents foreign and domestic airlines, product manufacturers and distributors, ship owners and operators, automobile manufacturers and other corporate clients in federal and state courts throughout the United States. Oliver has extensive experience in the areas of contract and insurance law, as well as international treaties, such as the Warsaw and Montreal Conventions, the New York Arbitration Convention, Death on the High Seas Act, Jones Act and Carriage of Goods by Sea Act.
Oliver’s experience includes representing clients in multi-district mass tort and other high-stakes litigation. He has tried high profile cases for several notable firm clients. Oliver also regularly counsels clients outside of the courtroom on litigation risk management, contracts and insurance issues. He is recognized in Chambers USA as one of America's leading lawyers and is ranked in aviation.
- Brooklyn Law School, 1997, J.D.
- University of Oregon, 1993, B.A.
- Universität Stuttgart, studied politics and international relations for one year as a fully matriculated student.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court - District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court - Western District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Second Circuit
- Federal Bar Council
- American Bar Association
- New York County Lawyers' Association
- Honorable William D. Friedmann, Supreme Court - New York, Appellate Division, Second Department
- Recognized by Chambers & Partners and selected to the 2017-2021 Chambers USA Aviation Litigation Nationwide list of ranked attorneys. A description of the selection methodology can be found at chambers.com. No aspect of the list been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Selected for inclusion in the New York Metro Super Lawyers list for Aviation and Aerospace, 2016-2021. The New York Metro Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at superlawyers.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.