Michelle leads our global Antitrust & Competition team with passion and purpose. She prides herself on her thoughtful, hands-on approach to solving her client’s low and high-stake antitrust problems.
Michelle’s vast experience representing cross-industry and cross-border clients in complex antitrust litigation, investigations, and regulatory matters enables her to take a holistic approach to resolving competition issues. She frequently represents clients in disputes relating to price-fixing, market allocation, bid rigging, monopolization, and unfair competition claims, as well as no-poach, wage fixing, tying, and other agreements. She is pragmatic and vigilant in guiding clients through pre- and post-merger antitrust issues including assistance with filings pursuant to the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act. She regularly provides clients with guidance on the antitrust aspects of environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues relating to mergers and acquisitions, collaborations with competitors, and in the trade association context. Michelle also is savvy in crafting strategies for clients to help them comply with government investigations and subpoenas, and she is proactive in developing customized antitrust compliance programs and training.
- Duquesne University School of Law, 2006, J.D., cum laude, Comment Editor, Duquesne Law Review; Katie Elisabeth Westbrook Award for Excellence (2006); Order of the Barristers (2006); ATLA Regional Trial Competition Champions (2006); Buffalo/Niagara Trial Competition Finalist & Best Advocate Award (2005); National Trial Competition Regional Finalist (2005); Carol Los Mansmann First Year Appellate Moot Court Competition Finalist (2004)
- Washington & Jefferson College, 2003, B.A., Economics, Political Science and Spanish, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa; recipient of the Benjamin Franklin Book Prize in Economics, the Howard Goldfarb Prize in Political Science, and the J. Adolph Schmitz Prize in Languages
- Virginia Occidental
- State Supreme Court - Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of Appeals - West Virginia
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court - Central District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Ninth Circuit
- American Bar Association – Antitrust Section
- Washington & Jefferson College – Pre-Law Alumni Advisory Board (2011-present)
- Chief Judge Gary L. Lancaster (deceased), U.S. District Court - Western District of Pennsylvania, 1 January 2009 to 31 December 2010
- 2019-2021 Acritas Star
- 2019 GCR Litigation of the Year Award for Auto Parts Antitrust Litigation
- 2016 PBT Fast Trackers List, Pittsburgh Business Times
- 2016 Lawyers on the Fast Track, The Legal Intelligencer
- 2011 Outstanding Recent Graduate Award, Duquesne University School of Law, Women’s Law Association
Civic and Charitable Affiliations
- Vice-Chair of 2021 Pittsburgh Signature Chefs Auction Event for March of Dimes
- Pittsburgh YWCA – Board Member (2015-2021); Secretary (2017) Executive Committee Member (2017–2021) and Chair of Development Committee (2017-2019)
Michelle lives with her husband, Brian, and their three children Madeline, Henry, and Olivia in Sewickley, Pennsylvania. As a former marathoner, competitive figure skater and instructor, and certified yoga and spinning instructor, Michelle is passionate about exercise and its associated benefits on one’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being.