We hope that the new year is off to a promising beginning for each of you.
Your Reed Smith global antitrust and competition team has been giving thought to the issues and priorities that might be particularly relevant to you this year.
In our 2018 year-end review, we highlight new developments and issues to consider on pages 13-14, as well as many examples of the 2018 cases, investigations, transactions, and counseling matters on which we worked with you to achieve your business goals and objectives. Together, we enjoyed many significant accomplishments. During 2019, we anticipate that a number of competition issues will prove important, including:
- possible changes to the direct purchaser antitrust standing rule;
- enforcement of the competitive effects of “no poach” employee provisions;
- antitrust issues associated with digital technology;
- pharma investigations and appeals in the United States and EU;
- French procedural developments affecting mergers;
- Brexit; and
- recent foundational challenges to the consumer welfare focus of antitrust laws.
Read our full brochure at reedsmithpublications.com.Reed Smith LLP is licensed to operate as a foreign law practice in Singapore under the name and style, Reed Smith Pte Ltd (hereafter collectively, "Reed Smith"). Where advice on Singapore law is required, we will refer the matter to and work with Reed Smith's Formal Law Alliance partner in Singapore, Resource Law LLC, where necessary.