Mark is a former federal and state prosecutor who represents corporations and individuals in connection with government investigations, internal investigations, criminal and regulatory proceedings and related civil litigation. Mark has tried 25 cases, including some of the Department of Justice’s most complex financial fraud trials in recent years, and led multiple multi-year cross-border investigations of corporations and individuals. Mark has particular experience in investigations involving securities fraud, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) violations, crypto fraud, cyber-crime, bank fraud, money laundering and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) violations.
Prior to joining the firm, Mark served in the Department of Justice for nearly 10 years as an Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Eastern District of New York (EDNY) and the Middle District of Florida, where he specialized in investigating and prosecuting financial and corporate crime. Before that, Mark served as an Assistant District Attorney in the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office for five years. Prior to becoming a prosecutor, Mark clerked for a judge in the Southern District of New York, and worked at a major international law firm in New York, handling complex civil litigation and white collar matters.
- 福特汉姆大学法学院, 法学博士, cum laude
- University of Virginia, 学士
- 联邦地区法院 – 纽约南部地区
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Second Circuit
- Member, Federal Bar Council
- Board member and audit committee chair, AHRC NYC, a non-profit that is one of the largest service providers for the developmentally disabled in New York City.
- Honorable Peter K. Leisure, 联邦地区法院 – 纽约南部地区, 1 September 2001 to 1 September 2002
- “Highly recommended” in 2023 edition of the Latin Lawyer 250 – Corporate and M&A