Ron Scharnberg's practice focuses on advising clients on a wide range of federal tax matters, with particular emphasis on the federal tax planning and structuring of domestic and cross-border/international mergers and acquisitions, tax-free reorganizations, spin-offs and divestitures, joint ventures, restructurings, financial instruments, financing transactions, and equity and debt offerings. He is also involved in federal and cross-border/international tax planning with respect to investment activities, joint ventures, and business operations, advising on the formation and operation of corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies, and certain tax controversy matters.
- University of Texas School of Law, 2006, J.D., High Honors, Order of the Coif, Chancellors, Staff Member of Texas Law Review
- Texas A&M University, 2003, B.B.A., Finance, magna cum laude
- Houston Bar Association, Tax Section
- International Fiscal Association (IFA) USA
- Named an "LMG Rising Star" in Tax by Euromoney PLC (2016)
- Selected through peer review for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© for Tax Law, 2019-2022
- Recognized as a Texas Super Lawyer, Rising Star (2010, 2017-2020)