Type: Individual Award, News Releases
May 15, 2015 – Reed Smith LLP today announced 43 of its attorneys in Pennsylvania have been honored as 2015 Super Lawyers, with another 18 members of the firm based in Pittsburgh or Philadelphia named 2015 Rising Stars.
The 61 Reed Smith lawyers in Pennsylvania earning recognition in 2015 from Super Lawyers are members of 22 firm-wide practice areas.
According to Super Lawyers, this selection “recognizes attorneys who have distinguished themselves in their legal practice.” The publication uses a rigorous process that includes third-party validation of lawyers’ professional accomplishments to identify the most accomplished legal professionals in each state each year.
Those in Pittsburgh selected as Super Lawyers for 2015 and the practices in which they are recognized are:
- Kevin C. Abbott – Energy & Resources
- William Bevan III – Employment & Labor
- Daniel I. Booker – Antitrust Litigation
- Douglas E. Cameron – Insurance Coverage
- David R. Cohen – Business Litigation
- Frederick H. Colen – IP
- Eugene K. Connors – Employment & Labor
- Debra H. Dermody – Antitrust Litigation
- David B. Fawcett – Business Litigation
- Dodi Walker Gross – Employee Benefits
- Ronald G. Hartman – Real Estate
- Dusty Elias Kirk – Real Estate
- James C. Martin – Appellate
- David J. McAllister – Employment & Labor
- Martha Hartle Munsch - Employment & Labor
- Louis A. Naugle – Environmental
- James J. Restivo, Jr. – Insurance Coverage
- Catherine S. (Casey) Ryan – Employment & Labor
- Kirsten R. Rydstrom – IP Litigation
- Eric A. Schaffer – Bankruptcy: Business
- Robert P. Simons – Bankruptcy: Business
- Paul M. Singer – Bankruptcy: Business
- Amy M. Tonti – Bankruptcy: Business
- Kim M. Watterson – Appellate
The Reed Smith attorneys in Philadelphia named as Super Lawyers and the practices in which they were recognized are:
- Derek J. Baker – Bankruptcy: Business
- Sara A. Begley – Employment & Labor
- Leonard A. Bernstein – Banking
- Peter S. Clark, II– Bankruptcy: Business
- John N. Ellison – Insurance Coverage
- Karl A. Fritton – Employment & Labor
- Lisa D. Kabnick – Banking
- Jay M. Levin – Insurance Coverage
- Stephen J. McConnell – Class Action
- Tracy Zurzolo Quinn – IP Litigation
- Henry F. Reichner – Appellate
- S. William Richter – Government Finance
- Michael T. Scott – Class Action
- Joseph M. Sedlack – Tax
- Carolyn P. Short – Business Litigation
- Claudia Z. Springer – Bankruptcy: Business
- Thomas H. Suddath, Jr. – Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Douglas R. Widin – Insurance Coverage
- Lee A. Zoeller – Tax
2015 marks the tenth year Ellison and Suddath have earned the prestigious Super Lawyer designation for their practice efforts.
Reed Smith’s Rising Stars in Philadelphia this year and their practice areas are: Luke E. Debevec (Insurance Coverage), Debra A. Djupman (General Litigation), Matthew P. Frederick (IP); Shannon E. McClure (Business Litigation), Jonathan P. Moyer (Mergers & Acquisitions), Brad M. Rostolsky (Health Care), Sonia S. Shariff (IP Litigation), Kathryn Pourmand Nordick (Banking), and Brooke N. Wallace (Business Litigation).
The firm’s 2015 Rising Stars and their practice areas in Pittsburgh are: Nicolle R. Snyder Bagnell (Energy & Resources), Nicholas A. Bonarrigo (Mergers & Acquisitions), Rick L. Etter (Employment & Labor), Joseph D. Filloy (Bankruptcy: Business) and Justin J. Kontul (Business Litigation). Others are: Lucas Liben (Energy & Resources), Matthew McK. Mohn (Mergers & Acquisitions), James L. Rockney, Jr. (Class Action) and Justin H. Werner (Energy & Resources).
This is the first year Djupman, Fredrick, Shariff, Filloy and Nordick have been named among the state’s Rising Stars; Reed Smith’s 13 remaining Rising Stars have earned this recognition previously from Super Lawyers.
About Reed Smith
Reed Smith is a global relationship law firm with more than 1,800 lawyers in 25 offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Founded in 1877, the firm represents leading international businesses, from Fortune 100 corporations to mid-market and emerging enterprises. Its lawyers provide litigation and other dispute resolution services in multi-jurisdictional and other high-stakes matters; deliver regulatory counsel; and execute the full range of strategic domestic and cross-border transactions. Reed Smith is a preeminent advisor to industries including financial services, life sciences, health care, advertising, entertainment and media, shipping and transport, energy and natural resources, real estate, manufacturing and technology, and education. For more information, visit reedsmith.com.
U.S.: New York, Chicago, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Houston, Princeton, Northern Virginia, Wilmington, Silicon Valley, Century City, Richmond
Europe: London, Paris, Munich, Athens
Middle East: Abu Dhabi, Dubai
Asia: Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Singapore, Kazakhstan