Four new Leading Lawyers were named this year: Prajakt Samant – Commodities: derivatives, Paul Skeet – Commodities: physicals, Margaret Campbell – Insurance litigation: for policyholders, Brigid North – Commercial property: development. Four individuals were named Next Generation Lawyers for the first time: Agnes Molnar – Emerging markets, Ildar Bagautdinov – Trade finance, Laura-May Scott – Insurance litigation: for policyholders, Alexander Sandiforth – Shipping.
Overall, 24 lawyers maintained 28 Leading Lawyer recognitions, and four maintained their Next Generation Lawyer status; and 205 were listed in Editorial.
In addition, 10 lawyers were named to the Legal 500 UK "Hall of Fame," which highlights individuals who have received constant praise by their clients for continued excellence and who are at the pinnacle of the profession, as shown by their inclusion as “Leading Lawyers” in Legal 500 rankings for six or more consecutive years:
- Chris Borg – Commodities: derivatives
- Diane Galloway – Commodities: physicals
- Richard Swinburn – Commodities: physicals
- Mark Connoley – Insurance litigation: for policyholders
- Gregor Pryor – Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Stephen Edwards – Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Andrew Taylor – Shipping
- Lindsay East – Shipping
- Nick Shaw – Shipping
- Richard Gunn – Shipping