In addition, some 160 U.S.-based Reed Smith lawyers were recognized by Best Lawyers®.
Among all lawyers named to the 2021 edition, only one lawyer in each practice area per metro location is honored as Lawyer of the Year. Here are the 2021 Lawyer of the Year winners.
- D. Patrick Lacy Jr. - Education Law
- Douglas Cameron - Insurance Law
- Debra Dermody - Antitrust Law
- James Martin - Appellate Practice
- Kirsten Rydstrom - Trade Secrets Law
- Paul Singer - Bet-the-Company Litigation
- José Astigarraga - International Arbitration - Commercial
- Michael Brown - Product Liability Litigation
Ones to Watch
This is the inaugural release for Best Lawyers’ new “Ones to Watch” list, which features attorneys who are earlier in their careers and typically have been in practice between five and nine years. Twenty-two younger Reed Smith attorneys were featured in this list. Of this group, Michael Forbes, Mark Passero and Keturah Brown were recognized for their work in more than one category of legal practice. Here are the Reed Smith lawyers who made the “Ones to Watch” list for 2021.
- Daniel Avila II - Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Michael J. Forbes - Intellectual Property Law and Patent Law
- Arturo Munoz Holguin - Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Alice Kyureghian - Insurance Law
- Sujey S. Herrera - Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Christina D. Olivos - Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Rose C. McClave - Real Estate Law
- Crystal G. Persaud - Real Estate Law
- Dana J. Janquitto - Real Estate Law
- Lisa A. Szymanski - Insurance Law
- Christopher R. Brennan - Litigation - Antitrust
- Richard Graham, Jr. - Intellectual Property Law
- Rachel E. O'Neill - Real Estate Law
- Jessica R. Rose - Real Estate Law
- Conor M. Shaffer - Litigation - Antitrust
- Nicole L. Brenner - Government Relations Practice
- Christine Cogbill Noonan - Government Relations Practice
- Mark J. Passero - Labor and Employment Law - Management; and Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Samantha E. Beatty - Real Estate Law
- Katrina M. Kershner - Intellectual Property Law
- Keturah A. Brown - Energy Law; and Environmental Law
- Toam Rubinstein - Entertainment and Sports Law
Here is the full list of recognized lawyers:
Thomas Allen; Lilit Asadourian; José Astigarraga; Keith Aurzada; Daniel Avila; Nicolas Barzoukas; Samantha Beatty; Lawrence Benjamin; J. David Bickham; Barbara Binis; Bruce Blefeld; Russell Boehner; Daniel Booker; John Bovich; Paul Evan Breene; Christopher Brennan; James C. Brennan; Nicole Brenner; Sara Brinkmann; Keturah Brown; Michael K. Brown; Douglas Cameron; Cristina Cardenas; Raymond Cardozo; Peter Chassman; Jennifer Cheng; Peter Clark; Calvin Cobb; Christine Cogbill Noonan; Carol Colborn Loepere; Selina Coleman; Michael Cooley; James Cooper; John Cullis; Todd Culwell; Eduardo De la Peña Bernal; Debra Dermody; Robert Diamond; James Doerfler; Eric Dubelier; James P. Duffy; Dusty Elias Kirk; John Ellison; Craig Enochs; David Fawcett; John Feldman; Amber Finch; Benjamin Fliegel; Paul Fogel; Michael Forbes; Ronald Francis; Diane Frenier; Brad Funari; Melissa Geist; James Glunt; Richard Graham; Betty Graumlich; Diane Green-Kelly; Kurt Gwynne; Cheryl Hader; David Halbreich; Grayson Hanes; Ronald Hartman; Peggy Heeg; Sujey Herrera; Leo Hitt; Carol Honigberg; Colette Honorable; Courtney Horrigan; James Hultquist; Linda Husar; Rudolf E. Hutz; R. Eric Hutz; Dana Janquitto; Mark Johansen; Gary Johnson; Katrina Kershner; Julia Krebs-Markrich; Moshe Kupietzky; Alfred Kyle; Alice Kyureghian; D. Patrick Lacy; James Lawlor; Jeffrey Layne; Harvey Leiderman; Robert LoPrete; Michael LoVallo; Hugh Lumpkin; Stephen Lyons; Dennis Peter Maio; Bobby Majumder; Peter Malyshev; Stacy Marcus; Thomas Marrinson; James Martin; David McAllister; Rose McClave; Stephen McConnell; James McNair; Kathleen Mehfoud; Joseph Metro; Steven Miller; Matthew Mohn; Edward Mullen; Edward Mullins; Arturo Munoz Holguin; Stanley Nardoni; Christina Olivos; Rachel O'Neill; Jeffrey Palmore; Mark Passero; Noel Paul; Daniel Peck; Stanton Perry; Crystal Persaud; Ryan Preston; Ricky Raven; Douglas Rawles; Franklin Reed; William Richter; Robert Riddle; Frederick Robinson; Jessica Rose; Carolyn Rosenberg; Toam Rubinstein; Casey Ryan; Kirsten Rydstrom; James Sanders; Joseph Sarcinella; Eric Schaffer; Stephen Scheve; Bradley Schmarak; John Schryber; Charles Seaman; Joseph Sedlack; John Shugrue; Robert Simons; Paul Singer; Luke Sizemore; Nicolle Snyder Bagnell; Kyle Sollie; Louis Solomon; Claudia Springer; Gerard Stegmaier; George Stewart; Thomas Suddath; Eric Sussman; Lisa Szymanski; Matthew Tashman; Karl Thallner; John Vishneski; Gary Walker; Kim Watterson; Jeffrey Weimer; Andrew Weiner; David Weiss; Sonja Weissman; Douglas Widin; Douglas Wood; Alan York; Lee Zoeller.
The list includes professionals with a long history of recognized success. Partner Paul M. Singer has been named to the list for 35 years; senior counsel Grayson P. Hanes has been named to the list for 30 years; while Daniel I. Booker; Leo N. Hitt; Rudolf E. Hutz; Julia Krebs-Markrich; and Charles H. Seaman have been recognized for 25 years or more.
Best Lawyers® is a guide to finding superior legal talent worldwide. Lawyers are nominated by their peers and their nominations are voted on in a confidential peer evaluation.
About Reed Smith
Reed Smith is a dynamic international law firm dedicated to helping clients move their businesses forward. Our belief is that by delivering smarter and more creative legal services, we will not only enrich our clients’ experiences with us, but also support them in achieving their business goals.
Our long-standing relationships, international outlook, and collaborative structure make us the go-to partner for the speedy resolution of complex disputes, transactions, and regulatory matters.
For further information, please visit reedsmith.com.